Exclamation mark – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The history and usage of the exclamation mark, with a terrific alternative name:

In typesetting or printing (and therefore when spelling text out orally), the exclamation mark is called a screamer or bang.

This entry was posted in Linguistics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.